Thursday, June 10, 2010
To Nadia, Bankside House, and 2007
Assalamualaikum and hello!
Now that my 2010 and London is coming to an end, I get nostalgic thinking about;
Now that my 2010 and London is coming to an end, I get nostalgic thinking about;
- The food experience I've had
- All the other experiences
Haha.
Of course, looking back at my collection of photos, I wondered when am I ever going to be able to share again the experiences I had at that moment in time. Sometimes, I felt that it was pointless, since the idea was about rekindling flavour, tastes and all the brohuahua bla bla ra ra lalas that were going on in my mouth at that time.
But this, Leon, Allegra, their amazingly refreshing "bird food" salad (I mean bird food in a nutty, bean-y, good way), is a taste I remember well.
THE MENU
We love how the menu changes with the season. It's like making healthy food high street fashion in catalogues. And the catchy sometimes lame names. Nice paper and art. The website might give some indication.
THE MENU
We love how the menu changes with the season. It's like making healthy food high street fashion in catalogues. And the catchy sometimes lame names. Nice paper and art. The website might give some indication.
THE COFFEE:
One of the first coffees I had in London other than Starbucks, Costa, chains and styrofoam 60p ones on campus. Although my it didn't exactly make it as my #1, it probably does come up as high. ig hearty eat-in cup, cappucino as Nadia always have hers, and me Latte. Actually, come to think of it, I never really can decide what type Nadia is. Everytime, it's always a different thing. But I am not exactly a coffee connoisseur, so I ain't gonna ramble on and pretend to analyse after-tastes and all that shenanigan.
THE WRAPS:
Having limited choice, the only halal-ly edible wraps were these sweet potato falafel ones.
It's a bit bizarre really since some bites are so good- a melange of fresh flavours, somewhat sour+acidic, and contrasted with the creamy, smooth sweet flavour of the sweet potato falafels. Yet, there is distinct dryness texture that the flat pita that I can't quite say I like. That and the courgettes. Can't understand why they'd want courgettes in the salad.
It's a bit bizarre really since some bites are so good- a melange of fresh flavours, somewhat sour+acidic, and contrasted with the creamy, smooth sweet flavour of the sweet potato falafels. Yet, there is distinct dryness texture that the flat pita that I can't quite say I like. That and the courgettes. Can't understand why they'd want courgettes in the salad.
THE TART:
Oh the tart. This post is all about the tart. It's OUR Leon thing. I think it was Nadia who took the risk. For a place boasting warm porridges, nutty grain salads, and low carb wraps; dessert didn't exactly come in mind. Until we dipped our plastic transparent forks into this darkchocolate tart. Literally FATLESS GOODNESS. Great texture, light base, and powdery icing sugar I think. Or probably sugar subs.
NADIA'S SALAD
Here's one of the designed salads we had. I think this was back in the Spring 2008 Menu. Hearty mix of nuts, beans, courgette and thinly sliced rakes of the most bizarre combinations of veges.
Oh and I just realised while uploading these photos, that a new Malay Curry is on the new Summer10 menu!
Although I doubt anything truly Malay would make Leon's healthy food catalogue, but heck we're going more international than we realise.
That's my Leon for you.. Sigh. I'll miss you LEON. :(
Labels:
Gastronomie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter
Facebook
RSS
0 comments (+add yours?)
Post a Comment