Thursday, June 10, 2010
Instead of the Gym
Salam and hello!
So I wouldn't really call this "the next level" by any means, nor is it "technically" student cooking. CONFESSION: I got them from the supermarket, but to those who has had the benefit of seeing and tasting the pancakes I made, themselves, they would agree they do come out just about the same!
I have been contemplating to go to the gym and work out my exam fat, but if anything I have only been putting more on! InsyaAllah I'll try work my lazy bum off of this chair right after this post!
Anyhow, Aiza had strawberries (fresh) from Morrisons yesterday and I couldn't hep but to steal 2 coz I just think they'd look (and they certainly did taste) better. And the syrup, though it's not exactly maple- I can't find any natural ones here, they're all maple-flavoured and I don't particularly like the SLIGHTLY greenish or greyish texture it adds to the golden color of the burnt sugar- did the job.
I love putting together things like this. Too bad the whipped cream came out liquid, for some reason.
Hearty fattening breakfast indeed. It's a good thing, that unlike Nigella- no offence, she's brilliant- my mind gets a bit paranoid about having fattening sweet stuff disporportionately. I swear my heart is now palpitating again, I am not even making it up!
So I wouldn't really call this "the next level" by any means, nor is it "technically" student cooking. CONFESSION: I got them from the supermarket, but to those who has had the benefit of seeing and tasting the pancakes I made, themselves, they would agree they do come out just about the same!
I have been contemplating to go to the gym and work out my exam fat, but if anything I have only been putting more on! InsyaAllah I'll try work my lazy bum off of this chair right after this post!
Anyhow, Aiza had strawberries (fresh) from Morrisons yesterday and I couldn't hep but to steal 2 coz I just think they'd look (and they certainly did taste) better. And the syrup, though it's not exactly maple- I can't find any natural ones here, they're all maple-flavoured and I don't particularly like the SLIGHTLY greenish or greyish texture it adds to the golden color of the burnt sugar- did the job.
I love putting together things like this. Too bad the whipped cream came out liquid, for some reason.
Hearty fattening breakfast indeed. It's a good thing, that unlike Nigella- no offence, she's brilliant- my mind gets a bit paranoid about having fattening sweet stuff disporportionately. I swear my heart is now palpitating again, I am not even making it up!
Labels:
What's Cookin'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Twitter
Facebook
RSS
0 comments (+add yours?)
Post a Comment