Sunday, September 6, 2009

Made To Order

Looking at these gorgeous photos I had on file reminded me how I tend to zoom my photos straight up. This can get boring, having forgotten to capture the presentation and overall look. But, since I found out my simple 100% automatic digital camera is pretty good at capturing granular, macro, details of my food, I was influenced.

Anyhow...

You don't always find shops you can custom made your order. You also don't always find a simple aglio olio missing from an Italian Menu. Ciao, on a little street corner behind Park Street in main Bristol, was this little family run, Italian eatery that offered cheap GBP5.00 lunches (pasta plateaus or pizza) with a soda to go with. Since they didn't have a an aglio olio (the only other thing Italian that I LOVE! besides seafood tagliatelle) on the menu, I asked them if they could make some for me using angel hair. The chef dude said he'd do it however I like it, recommending the pasta along the way, and describing me how he'd prepare it. I was in waiting heaven- if there was one!






And yes, I had him put those wondrous sun dried tomatoes as well!

Also had a bite at the seafood pizza; at the risk of stealing the show from my spaghetti.


0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment