Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Fisk at Fiskerestaurant

I just can't get enough of the fact that Lofoten calls itself a Fish Restaurant; I think it's cute- since on my side of the world we usually use the word seafood.
Sigh; thinking about my side of the world and the fish there and all the good times I had eating fish there (fish and fishy-like friends= seafood) this can never compare, can it?
Here are pictures from my my main course at Lofoten (you can judge it for yourself)

This seabass, succulent and fresh and still vein-y didn't had a fishy taste at all to it, I can tell it's just been caught.
This Ovnsbakt Havvabor (Oven Baked seabass) came on a bed of pureed potato, lemon beurre blanc and capponata (a ratatouille-like concoction), which somehow complemented the cream based sauce topped with herb salad with hints of lemon zest.


Most of Oslo restauranters go to the dock where a massive fishing centre, commonly popular for "professionals" (namely, restauranters) get their fish here everyday. The massive centre, just on the Vippetangen docks (where public ferries run towards Oslo Fjord), becomes the daily marketplace for fishermen alike showcasing their catch of the day.
I think this is where my fish came from.

I am not proud of the fact that this lunch could probably feed a family living under the poverty line for an entire week, maybe month. But I promise to try to keep this the most expensive dish I eat on this blog. :( I mean I don't always do this. I think. *ngeee*

1 comments (+add yours?)

Anonymous said...

how expensive was this?

Post a Comment